The Realm of Torioness

More Fair & Balanced than the stuff you call "news".

Name:
Location: San Diego/Sonoma, California, United States

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

You know what really grinds my gears...

All this talk of Alan Greenspan's retirement as Federeal Reserve Chairman opens up a very important talking point that we must discuss. Many people believe that Greenspan's power as chairman to lower and raise interest rates makes him the most powerful person in the world. But those people are idiots. And you don't want to be an idiot, do you? So let me clarify who the actual most powerful person in the world is: me. Now, if you have read any of my previous blogs that statement should not have came as a surprise, but let me stress that I am in no way kidding about this. My power is so abundant that sometimes I just have to sit back and say "Woah Torio, relax, that's just the extreme amounts of power talking."

Some of you may say "How do you deal with so much power?" while others may ask "Why are you not doing more good with the amounts of power that I hold?"

Both good questions.

Neither of which I will answer.

That's one of the infinite privileges I have with this kind of power. Another privilege I have is drving in the carpool lane even when I'm alone in my car(no FastTrak either), but that is neither here nor there. When you yield as much as power as I do, it is very important to maintain a fine balance between using the power and not using the power. Most of the time, I choose not to use the power, and just let things play out how they may. One of the many powers I have, is an extreme amount of will power, more specificly a will power to do nothing. Would I like to see the Padres win the World Series every year? Yes, very much so. And could I use my power for such an event? Easily. But if I did that, then I'd have to use my power to get rid of things like hatred, war, hunger etc., and do you understand how exhausting that would get. Pretty exhausting. And so I pace myself. You may see it as me not using my power for good, but I'm not abusing it either, I'm kind of just sitting on it waiting for the right hand. Or maybe I wont use it at all, I'm just lazy enough for that to be a real option. But what I do want to make sure of, is that you all know the power is there. So go ahead and start fearing me.

Have you ever seen the show Captain Planet where the 5 kids "let their powers combine" to form one super power known as Captain Planet? That isn't anywhere near the power I have. Good show though.

Still capable of kicking Captain Planet's ass,
Torio


For those of you who thought to themselves "Torio, you said you weren't going to answer those two questions you stated, but then you went ahead and answered them anyway, why is this?"
All I can say to that is this: I don't know man, that's just Torio being Torio.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Captain Planet? is that an after school special? Torio you have the power use it, that is why you have it! Don't be affraid we want you to use it

- T. Hoffman

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google