The Realm of Torioness

More Fair & Balanced than the stuff you call "news".

Name:
Location: San Diego/Sonoma, California, United States

Friday, October 28, 2005

Libby Indicted by Grand Jury

So Lewis Libby, chief of staff to Dick Cheney, was indicted on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice today. Bummer dude. Maybe if your name was Karl Rove you would have either avoided indictment, or have a chance of fighting this thing. But your name is Lewis Libby, a sacrifical lamb of the republican party, so you are down right fucked.

A similar thing happened to me in grade school, which has since been remembered as the Great Tetherball Incident of '93. This kid, whose name was incidentally Lewis(although I think he may have spelled it Louis), thought he could dethrone me as tetherball champion of the schoolyard. This kid had the audacity to show up to my tetherball court with parachute pants and an attitude you would not believe. What a real dick this kid was. Anyways, after an intense match of tethering, Lewis beat me, and I was devastated. However, light at the end of the tunnel friends. Lewis was indicted for perjury and obstruction of justice years later in middle school and I was given back my title of Tether ball king. I have since sold this title on ebay for like $14 or something like that. Last I heard Lewis was still in prison up in Folsom and I could not be more pleased about it.

Moral of the story: I don't know, but now I'm really missing tether ball. It's such a beautiful game, two opponents compete so gracefully on the grand stage tether ball has to offer. In many ways tether ball is a metaphor for life. Not my life, and not necessarily your life either, but someones life out there in some way resembles a ball attached to a rope going around a pole, and that's the life that tether ball is a metaphor to.

Hoping Karl Rove gets his,
Torio

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no beech kickballs where the parties at.

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do they call him Scooter because he uses crutches?

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what are the rules of thetter ball??

- D. Klinger

2:02 PM  
Blogger Torio said...

the rules of tether ball? who cares, danny klinger read and commented on my blog.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google