The Realm of Torioness

More Fair & Balanced than the stuff you call "news".

Name:
Location: San Diego/Sonoma, California, United States

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Democrats Win!

What exactly did the democrats win in the 2005 elections held today? Well, I don't really know, but the democrats are trying to play it off like they just gave a licking to the republican party. I don't even think the democratic spin masters can sell this one to me. The democrats maintained their control of the governorships in Virginia and New Jersey, as well as made Arnold Schwarzenegger look like an idiot (for those who didn't feel "Jingle All the Way" was enough.) In California alone, over 50 million dollars was spent on this special election that accomplished nothing more than affirming Californian's right to say "yeah fucking right". Of the eight propositions proposed in California, a total of zero were passed. Now I am all about having elections, in fact sometimes when I get lonely at night I hold elections of my own regarding personal matters. For example, the other night when it was raining, I held an election on who was cooler: the Flash or the Green Lantern. The Green Lantern won. But this election did not come without controversy. I think it's so immature that people are still throwing the race card around, the Green Lantern is simply cooler than the Flash, it has nothing to do with the fact that he's a minority. The election results are currently under investigation, and I will not be more happy when it's over - having Jimmy Carter in your room all day gets old quickly, the man sleeps with a night light, as if his normal old man oddities weren't bad enough.

Anywho, the democrats intend to use today's election results as a momentum gainer going into the more important 2006 election. You are most likely wondering one of two things at this point: 1. Just how important are the 2006 elections going to be? or 2. If the Green Lantern is cooler than the Flash, then where does Gambit fall into the mix?
1. Not very, I still won't be able to run for president in '06. No friends, you'll have to wait until 2024 before that dream of yours can come true. (You must be 35 years of age to run for president of the United States) I know, it's rough, but I don't make the rules, I simply use them as my excuse for taking the next 19 years off.
2. Cooler than the Flash but not quite as cool as the Green Lantern.

Getting back to the election. Many people believe that our voting system is flawed, and I agree. Some argue in favor of run off voting or some form of a weighted voting system. Both are reasonable options, that should be further explored, however I have an alternative of my own. How about a voting system where both the republican and democratic candidate can lose(3rd party candidates too). I think when it comes down to it, most Americans go into their election booths thinking "Man these dudes are both jackasses, where is the box for No way?" I'm not really sure of the logistics of this, but if it does work I think it should be immedeately incorporated into Major League Baseball, because if ever the San Francisco Giants and Los Angeles Dodgers ever play against each other and both teams lose, I will be so happy I may very well devout my life to the serving of others. And so see, in some indirect way this will make the world better. So how bout it congress?

Trust me,
Torio

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

April 11, 2000: Kevin Elster smacks three home runs to spoil the Giants first game at Pacific Bell Park with a 6-5 Dodgers victory. Proof that both the Dodgers and Giants are losers... The score settles the point for the Giants, and Kevin Elster? That's right Kevin "I'm a loser" Elster playing SS for the Dodgers. Its proof!

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

New trial for Andrea Yates - what do I think about that?

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HAVE SPENT MANY HOURS IN THOSE CARD BOARD VOTING BOOTHS LOOKING FOR THE "NO WAY" HANGING CHAD OPTION. THANKS FOR THE VALIDATION

-JON STEWART

(call me I need new writers)

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike Matusow Wins
Filed under: Bloggers , World Series of Poker Mike Matusow won the 2005 World Series of Poker Tournament of Champions last night.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to instant road repair on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like instant road repair!

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google