The Realm of Torioness

More Fair & Balanced than the stuff you call "news".

Name:
Location: San Diego/Sonoma, California, United States

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Riots in France Escalate

As a country, we are very quick to hate and make fun of the French whenever we get the chance. So when I saw that France was having riots, I thought to myself, why I am reading about France? Turns out the cops killed two black teenagers which has caused major riots in much of southern and eastern France, as well as Paris. Sound familiar? Are we Americans really so different from the French? Well, probably. But it's good to know that we both share two of our timeless traditions. Racist police brutality and some good ol' rioting. So why not put our differences behind us and just say, "Hey France, see you're doing some rioting, can we get in on that?" Now France might think he has a big decision to make, on whether or not he should let us riot, but France is nieve in thinking this. When America wants to riot, we riot. And frankly, I don't think we've been doing enough of it lately, too busy fighting wars I guess.

I remember my first riot like it was yesterday. It was summer of 93' and it was a beautiful day for a riot. My dad and I had spent an hour the night before putting nails into the end of a wooden rod that I was going to use as my weapon. Then early in the morning, he took me down to city hall for what went down as one super duper riot. Oh, how young I was. I just ran with my arms flailing, wooden rod of nails in one hand, tin foil shield in the other. I don't remember exactly what we were rioting about, but does that actually matter anyway? I remember I got hosed by one of those really powerful hoses, man was that a rush. Much powerful than I thought, but the tear gas wasn't nearly as intense as I was told.

Anywho, I don't really get involved with riots anymore. Getting back to the French riots, I really have to say, I like what they're doing. You don't often see a multi-city riot that gets taken out all over the country. That takes an impressive amount of anger and organizational skills. So lets take a look at my new list of things French that I like:
1. French Toast
2. Eva Green
3. French Riots

Good list.

I also like baguettes,
Torio

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Jerry Lewis? He's French, right?

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, what happens if France surrenders to itself? Maybe the Realm of Torioness can take control and bring soap and happiness to the land formally known as France?

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google