The Realm of Torioness

More Fair & Balanced than the stuff you call "news".

Name:
Location: San Diego/Sonoma, California, United States

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Senate Goes Into Closed Session

I was watching CSPAN yesterday, and something mildly noteworthy happened. This guy, Harry Reid the minority leader of the senate, envoked rule 21 on the senate floor. Then something really sweet happened. Richard Durbin, a different senatior said "I second the motion." Wow, awesome. Rule 21 is one badass rule to be throwing around. I remember one time last year during a class I used rule 21. Let's take a ride back shall we.

It was 2nd semester, and I made one of my many mindblowingly insightful comments during and afternoon class on what I'd describe as a nice day weather wise. To which some bitch said "I disagree." Oh no you didn't I thought as I sat up in my chair. Rule 21 I yelled, which was immedeately followed by the guy next to me saying "I second the motion." What happened after that was a blur of illegal drug use and unprotected sex, and I don't remember much of it, but what I do remember was insane.

Good times.

But let me take this moment to talk about the serious side of rule 21. You might think it's all fun and games, declaring a closed door session of sorts to "figure things out". But what might start out as just some innoncent experimenting can easily turn into you to waking up on the wrong side of the Canadian border with nothing but one sock and a headache. If this does happen however, might I reccommend hitting up Ranger Rob's Cabin for some scrumptious flapjacks, a pair of flannels, and a shoulder to cry on.

Yes, even in all its glory, rule 21 has its darkside. And his name is Trent, the kid I have been paying child support for since last September. I'm not saying don't take part in rule 21, that would be both ridiculous and nieve, what I'm saying is be safe and wear protection. Also as a general warning, if you're going into your first rule 21, consider using the buddy system method. Because although you might think getting the Superman logo tattoed on your chest is a good idea, maybe your friend can talk you out of it. And if not, you guys can hang out together when you go to the beach and pool, so people just think it's the cool new thing to do.

Walking out on Nov. 2nd,
Torio

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love it torio

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google