The Realm of Torioness

More Fair & Balanced than the stuff you call "news".

Name:
Location: San Diego/Sonoma, California, United States

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Lachey's Career Over

Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey officially announced their divorce today leaving quite a few teen aged boys thankful on this Thanksgiving day. This sad day in American culture leaves me wondering yet again, are the terrorists behind this too? To attack the Simpson-Lachey union would be one big blow to American morale, especially since there was no way for us to see this coming. As an avid watcher of "Newlyweds" let me tell you that this came as a huge shock to me, and I could only imagine to the rest of the American populace as well. If a super hot pop singer from a sheltered home ran by an overbearing reverend and a dude I couldn't really describe to you because who cared about him anyway, can't stay happily married with the American people watching a skewed edited rendition of their lives on the Tv, then what exactly are we doing?

It is time we all sit down and do some self reflection. Ask yourself this, "How was I responsible for the Simpson-Lachey breakup?" I think on some level, we all played a part in this tragedy. But mostly, I'd like to bring this back full circle and say it is mostly the terrorists fault. But let me hit you with this terrorists, if you try and mess with Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe, so help me God, I will unleash a fist of fury you can't even imagine. They are so perfect for each other it's ridiculous. If you want to take Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes off our hands however, you are more than welcome.

Fortunately, there is a light at the end of the Simpson-Lachey breakup tunnel. With one celebrity divorce comes another celebrity union. Elton John is finally marrying his long time partner, David Furnish. Yay. On December 21, it will finally be possible for same-sex partners to marry in the country we like to call our bitch, aka England. I dont think I'm gonna fill this space with a social commentary on same sex marriages, but instead I will take this time to talk about one of the most awesome songs ever.

Rocket Man.

What a good song that is. Is it so good because it's musically impressive, lyrically mindblowing, or an altogether piece of musical perfection? Maybe, I'm not a very good critically conscious listener of music, so I couldn't tell you for sure. But I can tell you this about it. It's catchy. To be honest, I don't really know what Sir Elton is trying to say in this song(as goes with most of his songs) but I do know that he's talking about astronaunts, and astronaunts are super cool.

Oh no no no I'm a Rocket Man,
Torio

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're no Rocketman.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Torio a rocketman, I think yes! Oh, and by the way very cute and cuddly

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your a rocketman torio, and perhaps even a madman across the water

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google